The Academy’s 2018-2019 Basic and Clinical Science Course™ is ophthalmology’s definitive source of clinical information. Stay current with the gold standard of ophthalmic references that is vetted by 100 ophthalmologists every year.
Practicing ophthalmologists and residents worldwide use the BCSC® to ensure the highest-quality patient care. Each of the 13 volumes includes up-to-date clinical knowledge, concise information and tables, self-assessment questions with answers, photos and illustrations and opportunities for earning AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Beginning with the 2013–2014 edition, the Academy and the European Board of Ophthalmology have partnered to make the BCSC the standard text for all European ophthalmology training programs. The EBO now recommends the BCSC as the primary educational resource for European trainees and ophthalmologists studying for the annual EBO Diploma Exam.
The BCSC Complete Set includes:
• Section 1: Update on General Medicine
• Section 2: Fundamentals and Principles of Ophthalmology
• Section 3: Clinical Optics – Major revision this year
• Section 4: Ophthalmic Pathology and Intraocular Tumors
• Section 5: Neuro-Ophthalmology
• Section 6: Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus – Major revision this year
• Section 7: Orbit, Eyelids, and Lacrimal System
• Section 8: External Disease and Cornea
• Section 9: Intraocular Inflammation and Uveitis
• Section 10: Glaucoma
• Section 11: Lens and Cataract
• Section 12: Retina and Vitreous – Major revision this year
• Section 13: Refractive Surgery
• Master Index (available as a downloadable PDF)