Navigate to the essentials. The Academy’s 2021-2022 Basic and Clinical Science Course™ is ophthalmology’s definitive source of clinical information. Lean on the 100+ ophthalmologists who target the most beneficial clinical updates for BCSC® each year.
Practicing ophthalmologists and residents worldwide use the BCSC to ensure the highest-quality patient care. Each of the 13 volumes includes up-to-date clinical knowledge, concise information and tables, self-assessment questions with answers, photos and illustrations and opportunities for earning AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Beginning with the 2013–2014 edition, the Academy and the European Board of Ophthalmology have partnered to make the BCSC the standard text for all European ophthalmology training programs. The EBO now recommends the BCSC as the primary educational resource for European trainees and ophthalmologists studying for the annual EBO Diploma Exam.
The BCSC Complete Set includes:
• Section 1: Update on General Medicine
• Section 2: Fundamentals and Principles of Ophthalmology
• Section 3: Clinical Optics
• Section 4: Ophthalmic Pathology and Intraocular Tumors
• Section 5: Neuro-Ophthalmology – Major revision this year
• Section 6: Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
• Section 7: Oculofacial Plastic and Orbital Surgery
• Section 8: External Disease and Cornea – Major revision this year
• Section 9: Uveitis and Ocular Inflammation
• Section 10: Glaucoma
• Section 11: Lens and Cataract
• Section 12: Retina and Vitreous
• Section 13: Refractive Surgery – Major revision this year