Equip ophthalmic residents with the Academy’s definitive curriculum: the 2022-2023 Basic and Clinical Science Course™. 100+ expert ophthalmologists meticulously assess the most vital information for the BCSC® each year to help you make the right decisions.
Residents and practicing ophthalmologists worldwide use the BCSC® to ensure the highest-quality patient care. Each of the 13 sections includes up-to-date clinical knowledge, interactive activities, concise videos and tables, photos and illustrations, self-assessment questions with answers, plus opportunities for earning AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Beginning with the 2013–2014 edition, the Academy and the European Board of Ophthalmology (EBO) have partnered to make the BCSC® the standard text for all European ophthalmology training programs. The EBO now recommends the BCSC® as the primary educational resource for European trainees and ophthalmologists studying for the annual EBO Diploma Exam.
The BCSC® Residency Set includes:
• Section 1: Update on General Medicine
• Section 2: Fundamentals and Principles of Ophthalmology
• Section 3: Clinical Optics and Vision Rehabilitation–Major revision
• Section 4: Ophthalmic Pathology and Intraocular Tumors
• Section 5: Neuro-Ophthalmology
• Section 6: Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus–Major revision
• Section 7: Oculofacial Plastic and Orbital Surgery
• Section 8: External Disease and Cornea
• Section 9: Uveitis and Ocular Inflammation
• Section 10: Glaucoma
• Section 11: Lens and Cataract
• Section 12: Retina and Vitreous–Major revision
• Section 13: Refractive Surgery
• Basic Principles of Ophthalmic Surgery, Fourth Edition
• Basic Techniques of Ophthalmic Surgery, Third Edition