With extensive updated information on everything from treatment of chronic pain to management of HIV infection in paediatric patients, AHFS® Drug Information® 2019is a necessary addition to your pharmacy's resources.
With content supported by nearly 90,000 references and incorporating the advice of numerous subject matter experts, AHFS® Drug Information® 2019 helps you protect your patients and your practice. It is the only reference published by an American professional and scientific society–ensuring it is the most authoritative and best-selling reference trusted by pharmacists for over 60 years.
AHFS® Drug Information® 2019 contains the most trustworthy drug information available–all in one place. It is the most comprehensive evidence-based source of drug information complete with therapeutic guidelines and off-label uses.
Updates for this edition include:
• Expanded and revised content throughout, featuring critical new monograph updates every year
• Important updated monographs and references related to revised therapeutic guidelines, including revised recommendations for treatment of fungal infections (such as Candida auris infections) and chronic hepatitis C
• Newly published information on breakthrough oncology drugs approved as part of the FDA's accelerated approval program
• Dedicated coverage to orphan products
• Interactions, adverse reactions, and cautions, including ongoing revisions addressing opiate safety issues and their role in pain management
• Therapeutic recommendations supported by evidence from primary research
• Extensive dosage and administration information
• Pharmacology and pharmacokinetics
• Prescription, OTC, ophthalmic and dermatologic drugs
• Extensive off-label uses and related dosing options
• Vaccines and other immunizing agents, including recommendations for travellers