Written and edited by world leaders in nephrology, Comprehensive Clinical Nephrology, 6th Edition, by Drs. John Feehally, Jurgen Floege, Richard J. Johnson, and Marcello Tonelli, provides current information on clinical procedures and conditions as well as the scientific facts and pathophysiology that are foundational to nephrology practice. Ideal for practicing nephrologists, fellows, residents, and internists, it thoroughly covers fluids and electrolytes, hypertension, diabetes, dialysis, and transplantation, and more - all in a single convenient volume.
• Popular, color-coded algorithms provide easy access to key content: yellow boxes for general information, green boxes for therapeutic intervention, and blue boxes for necessary investigations.
• A "just right" amount of basic science and practical clinical guidance helps you make efficient and informed decisions.
• More than 1,500 full-color illustrations highlight key topics and detail pathogenesis for a full range of kidney conditions and clinical management.
New To This Edition:
• New quick-reference boxes with links to clinical guidelines in all relevant chapters.
• New chapters on common issues regarding prescribing in kidney disease, palliative nephrology, endemic nephropathies, pathophysiology of chronic kidney disease, and outcomes of dialysis.
• Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
• Richard J. Johnson, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division Chief, Tomas Berl Professor of Nephrology, University of Colorado-Denver, Denver, Colorado, USA.
• John Feehally, DM, FRCP, Professor of Renal Medicine, The John Walls Renal Unit, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, United Kingdom.
• Jurgen Floege, MD, FERA, Professor of Medicine, Director, Division of Nephrology and Clinical Immunology, RWTH University of Aachen, Aachen, Germany.
• Marcello Tonelli, MD, SM, FRCPC, Associate Vice President of Health Research, University of Calgary, Senior Associate Dean of Clinical Research, Cumming School of Medicine, Professor of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada