Introduction to Radiologic Technology, 8th Edition is a solid orientation to the field of radiologic technology whether you’re a new or perspective student. Updated content throughout reflects the newest curriculum standards outlined by the ARRT and ASRT, along with the latest medical terminology, units of measurement, and radiation protection standards. The clear, logical progression of the text is perfect for students who are unfamiliar with the subject matter. The book opens with a historical overview of medicine and radiology, followed by insights into key topics such as the language of medicine, digital and conventional imaging, patient care, and radiation safety. Other topics include ethics, medical-legal considerations, and quality assurance giving you a wide-body of knowledge required for a successful career in the imaging sciences.
• A clear, easy-to-read style does not assume you have prior knowledge of the subject matter.
• Critical thinking skills are highlighted, with four important steps to take in assessing situations and making informed decisions.
• Guidelines for a solid radiography career foundation discuss customer service, ethics and professionalism, and professional organizations.
• Thorough introduction to radiologic technology includes a concise overview of what you can expect in your coursework.
• Cultural diversity coverage orients you to the challenge of dealing with patients from different cultures in the medical environment.
William J. Callaway, MA, RT(R), Associate Dean, Department of Health Professions, Director, Associate Degree Radiography Program, Academic Services Division, Lincoln Land Community College, Springfield, IL, USA