This exhaustive reference includes new chapters and pedagogical features, as well as—for the first time—content on managing fragility factures. To facilitate fast, easy absorption of the material, this edition has been streamlined and now includes more tables, charts, and treatment algorithms than ever before. Experts in their field share their experiences and offer insights and guidance on the latest technical developments for common orthopaedic procedures, including their preferred treatment options.
• New videos—accessible via the eBook—offering instruction and guidance on clinical procedures.
• New chapters on caring for obese patients, preoperative planning, and pain management.
• Deep-dive discussion and up-to-date content on how to manage fragility fractures.
• Easy-to-read tables outlining nonoperative treatments, adverse outcomes, and operative techniques.
• Time-saving preoperative planning checklists, as well as key steps for each surgical procedure.
• Potential pitfalls, preventive measures, and common adverse outcomes highlighted for all procedures.
• Numerous diagnostic and treatment algorithms for common orthopaedic procedures.
Enhance Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
• Paul Tornetta, III MD
Professor and Vice Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Director of Orthopaedic Trauma, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA
• William Ricci MD
Professor Chief, Orthopaedic Trauma Service. Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Washington University School of Medicine. St. Louis, Missouri
• Charles M. Court-Brown MD, FRCS Ed (Orth)
Professor of Orthopaedic Trauma, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
• Margaret M. McQueen MD
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, Part-Time Senior Lecturer, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
• Michael McKee MD,FRCS (C)
Professor,Upper Extremity Reconstructive Service, Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Surgery, St. Michael's Hospital and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada