1. What Is Not a Seizure?
2. Seizures and Epilepsy
3. Treatment of Seizures
4. Women with Epilepsy
5. Overview of EEG, Electrode Placement, and Montages
6. Normal EEG Awake and Sleep
7. Benign or Normal EEG Variants
8. EEG Artifacts
9. Interictal and Ictal EEG Patterns
10. Encephalopathies, Brain Death, and EEG
This book contains the most essential information needed for an epilepsy/ EEG rotation. Chapters are formatted with bullet points and feature clinical pearls. Concise and easy-to-read, this quick reference provides neurology residents, clinical neurophysiology and epilepsy fellows, and other clinicians with the most critical information in epilepsy and EEG in a simplified, yet comprehensive format. Divided into two sections, the book first covers the diagnosis, characteristics, and treatment of epilepsy. The second section focuses on EEG placement, procedures, and patterns in various neurological disorders.
• Provides trainees with the most essential information needed for their epilepsy/ EEG rotation
• Concise, easy-to-read
• Written for neurology residents, clinical neurophysiology and epilepsy fellows and clinicians treating patients with epilepsy