• Classification of acne scar: Clinical and instrumental evaluation.
• Pathophysiology of acne scars.
• Topical drugs for prevention and treatment of acne scars.
• Superficial peeling.
• Medium depth and deep peelings.
• Microdermoabrasion and dermabrasion.
• Fillers for acne scarring.
• Skin needling in acne scars.
• Hyaluronic acid (HA), PRP, and polylactic resorbable threads in acne.
• Fractional photothermolysis in acne scars.
• Non-ablative and ablative devices in acne scars.
• Surgical treatment: Subcision, grafting, excision, and punch techniques.
• Camouflage: Clinical importance of corrective cover cosmetic (camouflage) and quality-of-life outcome in the management of patients with acne scarring and/or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
• Acne scars in Asian patients.
• Acne scarring and patients of African descent.
• Treatment algorithm for acne scars.
Visible scarring may be a daily reminder of disease long after active acne has subsided. Frequently, it is a cause of distress for the patient and a leading cause for visiting medical professionals. This updated and expanded edition of an acclaimed pioneering text will be invaluable for both general and cosmetic dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and primary care physicians with a specialist interest in the skin as an invaluable guide through the complexities of treatment.
• addresses issues in patients with darker skin
• includes new material on microdermabrasion
• includes new material on minimally invasive techniques
• Antonella Tosti, MD, is Professor of Dermatology at the University of Bologna, Italy.
• Maria Pia De Padova, MD, is a dermatologist at the Nigrisoli Private Hospital in Bologna, Italy. Professor Tosti’s other publications include Dermoscopy of the Hair and Nails (second edition, 2015), and with Dr De Padova Atlas of Mesotherapy in Skin Rejuvenation (2007).
• Kenneth R Beer, MD, FAAD, is a dermatologist and dermatopathologist at Palm Beach Cosmetic, Florida, USA, founder and course director of the Cosmetic Boot Camp courses, and editor of Cosmetic Bootcamp Primer (2011).