Presenting an engaging, up-to-date overview of exercise science and its related fields, ACSM’s Introduction to Exercise Science, 4th Edition, guides students to success throughout their courses and delivers a robust exploration of potential careers for today’s exercise science professionals.
This full-color resource combines a succinct, accessible approach with the proven expertise of the American College of Sports Medicine — the leading authority in exercise science and sports medicine — to establish a practical understanding of how human movement assists individuals in their pursuit of good health, appropriate levels of physical activity and exercise, and successful sport and athletic performance. Each chapter illustrates the importance and practical relevance of key topics and provides an insider’s view of the profession through fascinating interviews and online video profiles and field trips. Updated to meet the needs of today’s emerging professionals, this 4th Edition incorporates new resources that emphasize application and help students make a confident transition to practice.
• NEW! Project-Based Learning Questions challenge students to integrate and apply their knowledge to commonly encountered scenarios.
• Video, audio, and in-text interviews with exercise science professionals highlight the challenges and rewards of increasingly popular exercise science careers.
• Thinking Critically Questions drive discussion and deepen understanding of concepts.
• Review Questions provide valuable self-assessment opportunities.
• Learning Objectives keep students focused on essential chapter takeaways.
• Key Terms boxes clarify essential terminology at a glance.