This book entitled, “Advances in Animal Biotechnology,” is a compilation of state-of-the-art in the field of Animal Biotechnology including fishery, that are not sheltered in depth in earlier publications. It offers an update on avant-garde technologies and advances in key aspects of genetic engineering, metagenomics, assisted reproduction, animal genomics, biotechnology in veterinary health, as well as the role of gut and marine microbial ecosystems in livestock and industrial development.
The book is divided broadly into five different sections, viz., Gut Microbiome and Nutritional Biotechnology, Assisted Reproduction Biotechnology, Livestock Genomics, Health Biotechnology, and Animal Biotechnology in Global Perspective. The book covers the syllabi of Animal Biotechnology courses in various universities, academia and competitive examinations at various levels. Researchers, Continuing Graduates, and Academicians, Research Institutions, and Biotech Companies will be benefited from this valuable compilation of research. Its broad spectrum makes this work a valuable resource for professionals, researchers, academics and students in the field of veterinary and animal production as well as the biotechnology industry.
• A state-of-the-art overview of advances in animal biotechnology made over the past few decades
• Focuses on thrust areas that are most likely to translate into commercial applications
• Covers reproductive biotechnologies for diverse livestock species, wildlife and pet animals
• Presents cutting-edge technologies in animal production, diversity conservation and health management
• Describes key research areas, e.g. biotechnology of gut fungi, metagenomics of the herbivore gut and marine microbial ecosystems