• Increased Risk of Lung Metastases in Patients with Giant Cell Bone Tumors: A Systematic Review
• Acceptance of Illness Associates with Better Quality of Life in Patients with Non-malignant Pulmonary Diseases
• Heart Rate Variability in the Diagnostics and CPAP Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
• Subterranean Pulmonary Rehabilitation in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
• Epidemiological Aspects of Low Back Pain
• Sex Hormones Response to Physical Hyperoxic and Hyperbaric Stress in Male Scuba Divers: a Pilot Study
• Cigarette Smoke-induced Oxidative Stress and Autophagy in Human Alveolar Epithelial Cell Line (A549 Cells)
• Relative Cerebral Blood Transit Time Decline and Neurological Improvement in Patients after Internal Carotid Artery Stenting
• Influence of Glycemic Control and Coagulation and Lipid Metabolism in Pregnancies Complicated by Pregestational and Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
• Maternal Nutritional and Water Homeostasis as a Presage of Fetal Birth Weight
• Cytotoxicity, Oxidative Stress and Autophagy in Human Alveolar Epithelial Cell Line (A549 Cells) Exposed to Standardized Urban Dust
• Autologous Platelet-Rich Plasma Reduces Healing Time of Chronic Venous Leg Ulcers: A Prospective Observational Study.
This book gathers multidisciplinary articles that present advances of our understanding of diseases and the effective treatment of patients. The authors share recent clinical and experimental research findings, highlighting poorly understood areas with uncertain treatment outcomes, such as giant-cell bone tumors and their propensity to metastasize to the lungs; subterranean rehabilitation in pulmonary disorders; male reproductive hormone regulation during physical exercise in hyperbaric, hyperoxic environments, like underwater diving; and amelioration of cognitive decline owing to increased cerebral blood transit time after internal carotid artery stenting. Other topics include new concepts and innovations in the treatment of diabetes in pregnancy, and leg ulcers in chronic venous insufficiency, as well as molecular research on the toxic effects of oxidative stress, impaired cell autophagy, and experimental conditions resembling air pollution.Featuring the latest interdisciplinary advances in biomedicine, this book is a valuable resource for medical professionals, both academics and practitioners, and all allied health-care workers.
• Most recent discoveries in health sciences
• Innovative clinical practice for medical professionals, both academics and practitioners
• Latest interdisciplinary advances in biomedicine