A. Aesthetic Regions of the Face
B. Facial Layers
C. Aging of Skin, Soft Tissue, and Bone
E. Botulinum Toxins
F. Absorbable Soft Tissue Fillers: Core Characteristics
G. Complications of Absorbable Fillers
2. Temporal Region and Lateral Brow
3. Periorbital Region and Tear Trough
4. Cheek and Zygomatic Arch
6. Nasolabial Region
8. Perioral Region
9. Chin and Jawline
10. Neck and Décolletage
Video Appendix: How I Do Regional Treatments
With the ever-increasing popularity of injectable toxins and fillers, all clinical practitioners in minimally invasive aesthetic procedures need to be experts in the anatomy of the face. This is a detailed and informative guide from international experts to all aspects of the facial anatomy of the presenting clinical patient - how it changes with age, how it differs in different patients, how it is layered, and what danger zones it may contain. An integral ebook contains videos demonstrating how injection can best be accomplished in each of the anatomical areas considered.
• Ali Pirayesh MD, FCC (Plast) is an internationally renowned Plastic Surgeon and owner of Amsterdam Plastic Surgery Clinic. He is the President of the Netherlands Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, a Consultant of Gent(BE) University Burns Unit, and co-inventor of a non-profit artificial skin (Glyaderm). He is passionate about global education on Anatomy, Plastic Surgery, and Aesthetic Medicine and restoring faces of (acid) burn victims.
• Dario Bertossi MD is a Facial Plastic Surgeon specialist in Maxillofacial Surgery and Otolaryngology, with expertise in restoring facial function and in Aesthetic Facial Surgery. A Clinical Associate Professor and Chief of Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery Unit at the University of Verona, Italy, he is an educator on Anatomy in Aesthetic Facial Surgery and in Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation and publishes innovative surgical techniques with universities worldwide.
• Izolda Heydenrych MD is a Dermatologist in private practice, Director of the Cape Town Cosmetic Dermatology Centre, Honorary Consultant (Dermatology) at the University of Stellenbosch, immediate Past President of the South African Society of Dermatologic Surgery, Director of HeyEd Academy, and Founder of the HeyEd Foundation for Facial Palsy. Her special interests include procedural safety and non-surgical treatment of facial palsy; she lectures extensively internationally.