• Introduction: Preparing a patient for surgery.
• Preoperative work up.
• Cross sectional and molecular imaging.
• Sigmoidoscopy, cystoscopy and stenting.
• Tumor markers.
• Cone biopsy.
• Radical abdominal hysterectomy.
• Laparoscopically assisted vaginal radical hysterectomy.
• Radical vaginal trachelectomy.
• Radical abdominal trachelectomy.
• Central recurrent cervical cancer: the role of exenterative surgery.
• Total mesometrial resection.
• Laterally extended endopelvic resection.
• Radical vulvar surgery.
• Sentinel lymph node biopsy.
• Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and transplantation techniques.
• Uterine transplantation and lessons from transplant surgery.
• Epithelial ovarian cancer.
• Upper abdominal cytoreduction for advanced ovarian cancers.
• Extraperitoneal approach to infrarenal, inframesenteric and pelvic lymphadenectomies.
• Vascular access and implantable vascular and peritoneal access devices.
• Surgical management of trophoblastic disease.
• Humidification during surgery: Benefits of using humidified gas during laparoscopic and open surgery.
• Robotic surgery.
• Gastrointestinal surgery in gynecologic oncology.
• Urologic procedures.
• Fistula repair.
• Treatment of vascular defects and injuries.
• Plastic reconstructive procedures.
• Additional plastic surgery procedures.
• Fat transfer: Applications in gynaecology.
• Surgical management of postpartum hemorrhage.
• Innovative methods to teach and train minimally invasive surgery.
• Meta-analysis of survival data.
• Evaluating survival data in the context of clinical decision making.
• Pain management.
• Palliative care.
• Doctor–patient communication.
The latest edition of An Atlas of Gynecologic Oncology continues its coverage of the innovative techniques in investigation and surgery on the brink of becoming established as part of the gynecologic surgeon’s repertoire, now including the exciting developments in uterine transplantation.
• Includes material on new developments in uterine transplantation
• Illustrates figures throughout in full color
• Contains contributions by international experts
• Provides comprehensive coverage of all clinically relevant aspects
• J. Richard Smith MBChB MD FRCOG. Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer in Gynaecology. West London Gynaecological Cancer Centre, Queen Charlotte’s and Chelsea Hospitals,
Imperial College NHS Trust, London, UK and Adjunct Associate Professor, NYU Medical Centre, New York, USA
• Giuseppe Del Priore MD MPH. Professor, Morehouse School of Medicine. Atlanta, Georgia, USA
• Robert L. Coleman MD. Professor & Vice Chair, Clinical Research, Ann Rife Cox Chair for Gynecology, Department of Gynecologic Oncology & Reproductive Medicine, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center. Houston, Texas, USA
• John M. Monaghan MB ChB FRCS (Ed) FRCOG. Retired Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist, Senior Lecturer in Gynaecological Oncology, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK