The most comprehensive resource available on osteopathic manual medicine models, An Osteopathic Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment, Fourth Edition is both an ideal introduction for students and a valuable reference for practicing physicians. While many texts favor specific OMM models, this practical compendium reflects the most current and clinically relevant approaches across the full spectrum of osteopathic practice, organizing osteopathic concepts and step-by-step techniques into a single volume.
The book’s integrated method for diagnosis and treatment embraces basic osteopathic history and philosophy, palpation and manipulation, and specific manipulative treatments and concepts to deliver a robust understanding, with cases and clinical examples that prepare students for the realities of practice. Now in full color, abundant photographs demonstrate step-by-step techniques, and meticulous illustrations clarify underlying anatomy in rich detail.
• New full-color photographs and illustrations reinforce osteopathic procedures and underlying anatomy in vibrant detail and clarity.
• Inclusive approach familiarizes students with the wide array of OMM models available.
• Step-by-step coverage guides students through techniques to build clinical confidence and ensure accuracy in practice.
• Realistic cases equip students for patient scenarios they are likely to encounter in practice.
• New chapters covering Obstetric and Gynecologic Considerations, Osteopathic Considerations in Diabetes Mellitus, The Hospitalized Patient, and Osteopathic Approaches to Thyroid Disease provide a thorough understanding of these common scenarios.
• eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more.