This book features a collection of guidelines for anesthesia in day care surgery, covering all medical specialties that may look to venture into the ambulatory surgery domain. It provides various practical tips that can be used in day-to-day practice by anesthetists and surgeons alike, and covers various anesthetic protocols used by the stalwarts of the industry to illustrate the ideal techniques for anesthesia in day care surgery.
• Covers all aspects of anesthesia techniques for day care surgery
• Chapters include each sub set specialty of medicine that performs day care surgery
• Highlights newer drugs and techniques to facilitate routine surgeries into the day care realm
• Dr. M M Begani has been working at Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai for the past 40 years. He completed his Master’s in Surgery from Sardar Patel Medical College, Rajasthan (earlier known as Bikaner Medical College) and subsequently worked as a post-doctoral fellow at St. Mark’s Hospital, UK. He has published many research papers on general surgery in reputed international journals, participated in many international scientific conferences and has been a guest editor for the Bombay Hospital Journal twice with special issues on day care surgery. He has received several international and national awards and his work experience surpasses thousands of surgeries. He is a member of many national and international scientific societies.
• Dr. Dheeraj Mulchandani is currently a consultant general and laparoscopic surgeon at Abhishek Day Care Centre, Mumbai. Prior to this, he worked at P. D. Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre and at Saifee Hospital, both in Mumbai. He completed his Master’s in Surgery at the University of Pune. He has published numerous research papers on general and bariatric surgery in reputed national and international journals. He is a member of several national and international medical societies.
• Dr Shagufta Choudhary is a Consultant Anaesthetist at Abhishek Day Care Institute and St Elizabeth Hospital, Mumbai. She completed her M.D. in Anaesthesiology from Bombay Hospital in 2008. She is a practicing Anaesthesiologist since the past 10 years. Since the last 5 years, she has dedicated herself to the field of ambulatory anaesthesia and strives for minimum hospitalization time of patients coming for day care surgery. She has published various articles on ambulatory anaesthesia in National and International journals. She attended the 12thCongress on International Ambulatory Surgical Society held in Beijing in May 2017 as a part of the Indian contingent. She believes in the bright future and greater acceptance of ambulatory surgery worldwide.