1. Clinical Anatomy of the Liver
2. Preoperative Preparations for Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma
3. Basic Techniques for Hepatic Resection by the Glissonean Approach
4. Types of Segment-Oriented Hepatic Resection by the Glissonean Pedicle Approach
5. Other Types of Hepatic Resection for HCC
This book comprehensibly describes the clinical details of anatomic hepatic resection using the Glissonean pedicle approach for hepatocellular carcinoma. It includes all aspects of the surgical anatomy of the liver, preoperative management of patients, surgical techniques, and intraoperative key points to prevent postoperative complications.
The first three chapters provide a general introduction to the clinical anatomy of the liver, preoperative management of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma, basic techniques for hepatic resection using the Glissonean approach, and the application of dye staining in anatomic hepatic resection. Subsequent chapters present the technical details of anatomical segmentectomy (Couinaud’s classification), sectionectomy and hemi-hepatectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma using the modified suprahilar Glissonean approach. All of these hepatectomies can be performed using simple and easily available surgical instruments. In addition, it discusses precise transection of the deepest hepatic parenchyma guided by methylene blue staining. It is a useful and timely reference for hepatobiliary surgeons, clinical staff, and medical students.
• Illustrates surgical procedures with high-resolution images
• Describes key techniques step-by-step
• Written by experts with extensive experience in the field
• Jiangsheng Huang is a Professor and Director at the Minimally Invasive Surgery Department, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China.
• Xianling Liu is a Professor at the Department of Oncology of the same Hospital.
• Jixiong Hu is a Professor at General Surgery Department and Hunan Provincial Key Laboratory of Hepatobiliary Disease Research of the same Hospital.