BUTERA, G.; CHESSA, M.; EICKEN, A.; THOMSON, J.D.
1. Angiography: Radiation Exposure and Standard Projections
2. Catheters and Wires
5. The Usual Vascular Access
7. Access Complications and Management
8. Transseptal Access
9. Fetal Cardiac Interventions
10. Aortic Valvular Stenosis
11. Step-by-Step Procedure: Pulmonary Valve Stenosis
12. Pulmonary Atresia and Intact Ventricular Septum
13. Stent Implantation in Patients with Pulmonary Arterial Stenosis
14. Aortic Coarctation
15. Reopening of Peripheral and Central Arteries and Veins
16. PDA Stenting in Duct-Dependent Pulmonary Circulation
17. Step-by-Step ASD Closure
18. Fontan Fenestration Closure
19. Ventricular Septal Defects
20. Patent Ductus Arteriosus Closure
21. Catheter Closure of Coronary Artery Fistula
22. Vessel Embolization: Transcatheter Embolization of Pulmonary Arteriovenous Malformations and Aortopulmonary Collateral Arteries
23. Closure of Residual Postsurgical Defects
24. ASD Closure in Special Situations: Elderly, PA-IVS
25. Creating an Interatrial Communication
26. Melody Valve Implantation in Pulmonary Position
27. Edwards SAPIEN XT Valve Implantation in the Pulmonary Position
28. Percutaneous Tricuspid Valve Implantation (PTVI)
29. Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: The Giessen Hybrid Approach
30. Hybrid Approach: Ventricular Septal Defect Closure
31. Hybrid Approach: Stent Implantation
32. Retrieval Techniques
34. Endomyocardial Biopsies
35. Evaluations Before Partial and Total Cavopulmonary Connections
36. Imaging and Transcatheter Treatments in PA/VSD/MAPCAs
37. Stenting of the Right Ventricular Outflow Tract as Initial Palliation for Fallot-Type Lesions
38. 3D Rotational Angiography for Percutaneous Interventions in Congenital Heart Disease
39. Cardiac Magnetic Resonance
40. CT in Congenital Heart Disease Diagnosis and Transcatheter Treatment
41. Intracardiac Echocardiography
42. 3D Echocardiography in Congenital Heart Disease Diagnosis and Transcatheter Treatment
43. 3D Mapping: Live Integration and Overlay of 3D Data from MRI and CT for Improved Guidance of Interventional Cardiac Therapy
44. Holography in Congenital Heart Disease: Diagnosis and Transcatheter Treatment
45. Integrating Imaging Modalities
46. Correction to: Atlas of Cardiac Catheterization for Congenital Heart Disease
This atlas depicts and describes catheter-based interventions across the entire pediatric age range, from fetal life through to early adulthood, with the aim of providing an illustrated step-by-step guide that will help the reader to master these techniques and apply them in everyday practice. Clear instruction is offered on a wide range of procedures, including vascular access, fetal interventions, valve dilatation, angioplasty, stent implantation, defect closure, defect creation, valve implantation, hybrid approaches, and other miscellaneous procedures.
The atlas complements the previously published handbook, Cardiac Catheterization for Congenital Heart Disease, by presenting a wealth of photographs, images, and drawings selected or designed to facilitate the planning, performance, and evaluation of diagnostic and interventional procedures in the field of congenital heart disease. It will assist in the safe, efficient performance of these procedures, in decision making, and in the recognition and treatment of complications.
• Offers step-by-step guidance on a wide range of procedures
• Facilitates the planning, performance, and evaluation of diagnostic and interventional procedures
• Includes a wealth of illustrative material
• Professor Gianfranco Butera is a Consultant for Pediatric and GUCH Cardiology at the Policlinico San Donato IRCCS in Milan, Italy. He studied at the Catholic University of Rome, specialized in Pediatric Cardiology and completed his training at the Hopital Necker Enfants Malades in Paris, France with Prof Kachaner and Prof Bonhoeffer and obtained a postgraduate degree in Pediatric Cardiology from the Universitè Rénè Descartes, Paris V. He is a fellow of the GISE, SICP, AEPC, SCAI and COMET, and serves on the executive council of two charity associations. He has served as chairmen of the Working Group of interventional cardiology of the AEPC. He has been a visiting professor at various Universities including Harvard, Bordeaux and Padova, and his clinical and research interests are focused on interventional cardiology in children and adults with congenital heart diseases. In addition, Prof. Butera is a reviewer for 15 international journals and Case Report Editor for Cardiology in the Young. He has authored more than 180 papers in peer-reviewed journals and has edited books on interventional and fetal cardiology. With Springer he co-edited the book “Cardiac Catheterization for CHD” and a book on fetal and hybrid cardiac procedures.
• Prof. Massimo Chessa's main clinical focus is on management and intervention in pediatric and adults with congenital heart diseases; since his PhD he has been working as a Consultant in Congenital Heart Disease IRCCS- Policlinico San Donato Pediatric Cardiology Department and Adult with Congenital Heart Defect Unit, practicing more than 500 catheterizations per year (80% of which interventional). He is leader of the ACHD Program devoted to the adults with congenital heart defects, senior researcher and involved in many projects for International and Humanitarian Cooperation. He has been visiting fellow in France and in the UK, is President of AICCA (Italian GUCH Association www.aicca.it ). He has authored more than 150 publications in Peer Reviewed Journals, 8 Chapters in Books, has been editor of two volumes for Springer Verlag on Adult Congenital Heart Disease and The Right Ventricle in Adults with Tetralogy of Fallot, and his Editor of the Book Seried devoted to ACHD endorsed by the ESC and AEPC ACHD/GUCH Working Groups.
• Andreas Eicken MD, PhD, FESC is head of the catheterization laboratory for patients with congenital heart disease (newborns to adults) at the Department of Paediatric Cardiology and Congenital Heart Disease, German Heart Centre Munich.
• Dr John THOMSON is a Consultant Cardiologist accredited since 2004 in the practice of congenital heart disease (adult and pediatric) at Nuffield Health Hospitals in Leeds, UK. Areas of interest: Cardiology-congenital heart disease including Paediatric cardiology and adult congenital heart disease, Childrens cardiac, Cardiology in young adults, Structural and congenital transcatheter intervention (e.g. atrial septal defect and patent foramen ovale closure, valvuloplasty, coarctation stenting etc). In the field of research: thesis on neurological damage during the closure of atrial septal defects, 7 book chapters and 33 publications in peer reviewed journals.