Chapter 1: Cerebral Angiography
Chapter 2: Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformation
Chapter 3: Carotid Angiography
Chapter 4: Thoracic Angiography
Chapter 5: Coronary Angiography
Chapter 6: Abdominal Angiography
Chapter 7: Peripheral Angiography
Chapter 8: Congenital Cardiac Malformations in Children
Chapter 9: CT Phlebology.
The second edition of this atlas presents a wealth of normal and pathologic findings observed on CT angiography with 3D reconstruction in diverse clinical applications, including the imaging of cerebral, carotid, thoracic, coronary, abdominal, and peripheral vessels. The superb illustrations display the excellent anatomic detail obtained with CT angiography and depict the precise location of affected structures and lesion severity. Careful comparisons between normal imaging features and pathologic appearances will assist the reader in image interpretation and treatment planning, and the described cases include some very rare pathologies. In addition, the technical principles of the modality are clearly explained and guidance provided on imaging protocols. This edition is the outcome of 18 years of work by a renowned radiological team whose research focuses specifically on vascular pathology of the whole body and the role of CT angiography in its assessment. Numerous new images are presented and three additional chapters address cerebral arteriovenous malformations, congenital cardiac malformations in children and CT venography. The atlas will be invaluable for radiologists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, and medical students..
• Presents normal and pathologic findings observed on CT angiography with 3D reconstruction
• Contains a wealth of images of exceptional quality due to the professionalism of the responsible CT team
• All angiographic examinations were performed by the same team
• All cases were confirmed by DSA or surgery
• Gratian Dragoslav Miclaus, MD, PhD, is Head of the CT Department at the NEUROMED Diagnostic Imaging Center in Timisoara, Romania. He was the first doctor to perform CT angiography in Romania on a 64-slice CT scanner. Over the past 11 years he has gathered an impressive number of CT angiographic studies of the coronary arteries as well as of the brain vessels, pulmonary arteries, thoracic and abdominal aorta, and renal and splanchnic arteries. His CT angiography portfolio also includes studies of the cardiac congenital malformations of children. Dr. Miclaus has been responsible for the study and development of CT angiography examination protocols. He has published selected cases in more than 35 scientific papers as well as in the present atlas, and he also used some of the acquired images in his PhD thesis on the study of the morphology of accessory renal arteries by means of MDCT angiography.
• Horia Ples, MD, PhD, is Head of the Department of Neurosurgery and Associate Professor at the "Victor Babes" University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Timisoara, Romania. Dr. Ples was the first to introduce surgical treatment for cerebral aneurysms in Timisoara and has 24 years' experience in cerebral vascular pathology. Based on his management position in the NEUROMED Diagnostic Imaging Center, he has dedicated the past 10 years of his work to the study of MRA and CT angiography imaging in this field. He is the author of 14 book chapters and over 100 academic papers. He has long played an active role in regional and national organizations in Neurosurgery. Dr. Ples has been President of the Medical Disciplinary Committee Timis since 2011. He is the President of the Romanian Society of Neurosurgery and a past Editor in Chief of the journal Romanian Neurosurgery (2000–9).