This Atlas presents an MRI-based guide to the diagnosis, treatment and follow up of deep endometriosis. Developed by professionals with a extensive clinical experience in the diagnosis and treatment of deep endometriosis, it provides a global overview of the disease, from basic clinical aspects of imaging diagnosis, to the correlation with surgical findings and histopathological results. Deep endometriosis is a serious gynecological condition, which can severely impact on women’s quality of life. It shares the main features of regular endometriosis, but also displays a highly infiltrative pattern, involving multiple organs and leading to severe symptoms such as dysmenorrhea, chronic pelvic pain and dyspareunia. Atlas of Deep Endometriosis – MRI and Laparoscopic Correlations is a complete guide, intended for radiologists, gynecologists and all other medical professionals interested on the diagnosis and treatment of deep endometriosis.
(NOTE: This title was previously published in 2014 in Portuguese and Spanish and comes from our partnership with Brazilian publisher, Revinter.)
• An MRI-based guide, followed by laparoscopic and histopathological correlationsIntended for radiologists, gynaecologists and all other professionals interested in deep endometriosis
• Features a wealth of images, addressing the most important radiological aspects of deep endometriosis.
• Alice BrandãoRadiologist, specialized in gynecological imaging, currently serving at Clinica Felippe Mattoso, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Fellowship in MRI at Karolinska Hospital, Sweden, and Massachusetts General Hospital, USA. Author of the books “Gynecology and obstetric MRI” (2002, in Portuguese), “Breast MRI” (2010, in Portuguese and Spanish) and “Atlas of deep endometriosis: MRI with laparoscopy correlation” (2014, in Portuguese and Spanish).
• Claudio Peixoto CrispiGynecologist, specialized in videolaparoscopy, hysteroscopy. Professor and coordinator of the Endoscopic Gynecology post-graduate program at SUPREMA, Brazil. Former president of the Brazilian Society of Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery.
• Marco Aurelio Pinho de OliveiraProfessor and chief of the department of gynecology at Rio de Janeiro State University, Brazil. Chief of the Endometriosis clinic at Pedro Ernesto Hospital, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Former member of AAGL Board of Trustees (2011-2013).