1. Basic Pathology
2. Histopathology of Bone and Soft Tissue
3. Histopathology of Breast
4. Histopathology of Cardiovascular System
5. Histopathology of Endocrine System
6. Histopathology of Female Genital Tract
7. Histopathology of the Gastrointestinal Tract
8. Histopathology of Head and Neck
9. Histopathology of Haematolymphoid
10. Histopathology of the Liver, Gall Bladder and Pancreas
11. Histopathology of Male Genital Tract (Testis and Prostate)
12. Histopathology of Central Nervous System (CNS) and Skeletal Muscle
13. Predictive Pathology
14. Histopathology of Urinary System
15. Histopathology of Respiratory System and Mediastinum
16. Histopathology of the Skin
The second edition of this atlas covers the histopathology of all organ systems, supporting trainees and residents in the histopathological diagnosis of a wide range of inflammatory, neoplastic, degenerative, developmental and metabolic disorders. Though organ-specific books and atlases are increasingly available, there is a growing demand for a comprehensive guide to the histopathological diagnosis of each organ system, enabling histopathology trainees/residents and general pathologists to make reliable provisional or final diagnoses in routine practice. Each chapter covers a specific organ system and provides a better understanding of the microscopic pathology of common diseases and cancers, their interpretation, clinical presentation, epidemiology and demographics. The book also includes a chapter on ‘Predictive Pathology’ to help pathologists and other medical and healthcare professionals understand histopathology and report on it in keeping with standard international guidelines for individualized patient management.
Intended as a concise and handy guide, this book offers a ready reference for trainees in histopathology, surgical pathology, anatomic pathology and cellular pathology, as well as practicing pathologists. It can also serve as a useful resource for biologists, biomedical scientists and physicians in general. The book features over 2200 illustrations with microscopic descriptions and interpretations. Besides H&E, special stains, IHC, FISH and radiology are included.
• Provides ready reference to immunohistochemical and cytogenetic markers with their interpretation
• Contains more than 2000 photographs along with concise microscopic description and interpretation
• Includes appropriate gross and radiological images to complement diagnosis
• Includes a chapter on predictive pathology that provides ready reference for interpretation of predictive markers like ER, PR, Her2, C-kit, ALK, etc
Dr. Shahid Pervez, M.B.B.S, DCP (London), Ph.D (Histopath, London), FCPS (Histopath, PK), FRCPath (UK) is a professor and senior consultant histopathologist at Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan. His major diagnostic and research interests include hematopathology, oral pathology and predictive pathology. He has published over 225 research papers and several book chapters, and has been an international adviser for the internationally acclaimed textbook Underwood’s Pathology (Formerly General and Systematic Pathology). Dr. Pervez is a sub-editor of ‘Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention’, associate editor of ‘Clinical Cancer Investigations’, and editorial board member of ‘Journal of Pathology and Translational Medicine’ among many others. He has served in various leadership positions and is currently the councilor of the ‘College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan (CPSP)’, and country advisor for the ‘Royal College of Pathologists, UK’. He is founder president of the ‘International Academy of Pathology (IAP) – Pakistan Division’, ‘Histopathology and Cytology Society of Pakistan (HCSP)’ and SAARC Academy of Cytology & Histopathology (SACH). He is also ‘Chair’ of the ‘Karachi Cancer Registry (KCR)’.