1. Anatomy, Histology, Cytology, and Colposcopy of the Cervix
2. Pathologic Sampling Methods of the Cervix
3. Benign Lesions and Physiologic Changes in the Cervix
4. Benign Tumors and Tumor-like Lesions of the Cervix
5. Precursor Lesions of the Cervix: Squamous Precursor Lesions
6. Precursor Lesions of the Cervix: Glandular Precursor Lesions
7. Epithelial Malignant Tumors of the Cervix: Squamous Carcinoma
8. Epithelial Malignant Tumors of the Cervix: Endocervical Adenocarcinoma
9. Epithelial Malignant Tumors of the Cervix: Other Epithelial Tumors (Adenosquamous Carcinoma, Adenoid Basal Carcinoma, Carcinoma with Adenoid Cystic-like Features, Undifferentiated Carcinoma)
10. Epithelial Malignant Tumors of the Cervix: Neuroendocrine Tumors
11. Mesenchymal and Mixed Epithelial–Stromal Malignant Tumors of the Cervix
12. Other Tumors of the Cervix (Melanocytic, Germ Cell, Trophoblastic, Lymphoid, and Myeloid Tumors)
13. Metastases to the Cervix
This book provides a practical guide to the diagnosis of cervical lesions. Chapters detail recent changes to diagnostic criteria and classification and the impacts these developments have on patient management. The anatomy and histology of the cervix are discussed, along with macroscopic and microscopic changes, prognostic and predictive parameters, epidemiological data, and staging systems.
Atlas of Diagnostic Pathology of the Cervix: A Case-Based Approach utilizes diagnostic algorithms and highlights to offer readers appropriate management criteria and aims to give trainees, practicing pathologists, and gynecologists a case-based approach to the treatment of cervical lesions.
• Highly illustrated with figures to aid the diagnosis of cervical lesions
• Integrates ancillary studies and molecular pathology findings into diagnostic criteria
• Written from a global perspective by experts in the field
• Dr. Robert A. Soslow is an Attending Pathologist and Director of the Gynecologic Pathology Fellowship Program at Memorial Hospital (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center) and Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (Weill Cornell Medicine). Dr. Soslow is one of the foremost authorities on gynecologic malignancies, having authored five textbooks on gynecologic pathology, including the AFIP atlas Tumors of the Uterine Corpus and Trophoblastic Diseases (fourth series). He is an associate editor for Modern Pathology and an Expert Member on the editorial board of the 2020 World Health Organization’s Classification of Tumours. An award-winning teacher and mentor, Dr. Soslow has lectured in more than 30 countries and, since 2011, has been listed as one of America’s Top Doctors by US News and World Report.
• Dr. Kay J. Park is Associate Attending Pathologist, Director of Education in the Department of Pathology, and Vice-chair of the Graduate Medical Education Committee at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. She is a gynecologic pathologist with special interest in pathologies of the uterine cervix. She has co-authored over 80 peer-reviewed publications, four book chapters, including the 2014 World Health Organization Classification of Tumors of the Female Genital Tract, and currently serves on the Executive Board of the International Society of Gynecological Pathologists. She is also the Associate Editor of Digital Content and Social Media for the International Journal of Gynecological Pathology.
• Dr. Simona Stolnicu is a Professor of Pathology at the University of Medicine, Pharmacy, Sciences and Technology of Târgu Mure?, Romania, with a special interest in gynecologic and breast pathology and cytology. She has authored and edited 25 international and national textbooks and volumes of proceedings including the 2020 World Health Organization Classification of Tumors of the Female Genital Tract. She has authored 106 peer-reviewed publications and over 200 abstracts. She was coordinator/member of 10 international and national research programs. She is a member of National pathology committee in Romania and member of the national screening program on cervical cancer in Romania. She is a PhD coordinator. She is the Chair of the Gynecological Pathology Working Group (European Society of Pathology) and President of a national annual conference on gynecologic and breast pathology and cytology with international participation. She is a member of the ISGyP Global Advisory Network