ATLAS OF EQUINE ULTRASONOGRAPHY
A THOROUGH EXPANSION TO THE FIRST ATLAS OF ULTRASONOGRAPHY IN THE HORSE, WITH NEW AND SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVED IMAGES
Ultrasonography is a vital diagnostic tool that can be applied in numerous functions in a veterinary practice. In conjunction with relevant clinical information—patient history and physical examination findings, for example—it can act as an important aid in the veterinarian’s decision-making process. Many vets in equine practice rely upon ultrasonography as a mainstay of equine diagnostic imaging on a wide range of structures and body systems. Ultrasonography is a useful procedure that is non-invasive and acts in complement to radiography to successfully diagnose the animal’s condition. This book’s aim is to encourage the clinician to rely further on the use of ultrasonography in their practice.
The second edition of Atlas of Equine Ultrasonography provides an updated and expanded revision of the first atlas of ultrasonography in the horse. The first edition of this important resource was the first pictorially-based book to cover ultrasonography in the horse, and remains the only book currently available on the subject. The current version offers 450 additional images with greater clarity and precision in the images throughout and demonstrates how to obtain images in each body region while offering clinical ultrasonograms that show pathology.
Atlas of Equine Ultrasonography readers will also find:
• High-quality clinical ultrasonograms for important musculoskeletal, reproductive, and medical conditions in the horse
• More than 1,500 images, with accompanying concise text describing the images
• A companion website that provides video clips showing dynamic ultrasound exams
Atlas of Equine Ultrasonography is an invaluable reference to any veterinarian evaluating ultrasonograms in equine patients. As a result, this book will be of particular interest to equine specialists, veterinary radiologists, equine practitioners, and veterinary students.
• Jessica A. Kidd, BA, DVM, CertES(Orth), Dipl. ECVS, MRCVS, is an RCVS and European Recognized specialist in Equine Surgery based in Oxfordshire, UK.
• Kristina G. Lu, VMP, Dipl. ACT, is a specialist in equine reproduction at Hagyard Equine Medical Insitute, Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
• Michele L. Frazer, DVM, Dipl. ACVIM ACVECC, is a specialist in equine internal medicine and emergency and critical care medicine at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute, Lexington, Kentucky, USA.