• Part 1 Introduction
1. Anesthesia and Rapid Recovery
2. Radiation Safety in Endoscopic Spine Surgery
3. Essential Imaging in Endoscopic Spine Surgery
4. Endoscopic Instruments
5. Operating Room Set-up: The Basics
6. Cervical Spine Applied Anatomy
7. Principles of Full-Endoscopic Surgical Technique
8. Essential Tasks of Full-endoscopic Spine Surgery
9. Preoperative Diagnostic Workup
• Part II Lumbar
10. Endoscopic Interlaminar Lateral Recess Decompression
11. Interlaminar Lumbar Discectomy
12. Interlaminar Contralateral Foraminotomy
13. Endoscopic Unilateral Laminotomy for Bilateral Decompression
14. Endoscopic Extraforaminal Approach
15. Transforaminal Approach
16. Lumbar trans-SAP Approach to the Lateral Recesses
17. Lumbar Endoscopic Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
• Part III Thoracic
18. Transforaminal Thoracic Discectomy
• Part IV Cervical
19. Anterior Endoscopic Cervical Discectomy (AECD)
20. Endoscopic Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy
21. Endoscopic Unilateral Laminotomy for Bilateral Decompression
Endoscopic spine surgery essentials from expert spine surgeons
Atlas of Full-Endoscopic Spine Surgery by internationally renowned spine surgeons Christoph Hofstetter, Sebastian Ruetten, Yue Zhou, and Michael Wang provides concise, step-by-step guidance on the latest full endoscopic spine procedures. The book is targeted at practicing spine surgeons, fellows, and residents currently not trained in endoscopic spine surgery who have the desire to learn and incorporate these techniques into clinical practice. It is also an excellent curriculum resource for cadaveric training courses taught at the national and international level.
The book lays a solid foundation with opening chapters on anesthesia, OR setup and endoscopic tools, applied anatomy, basic endoscopic surgical tasks, and preoperative diagnostics. Additional sections include step-by-step descriptions of the full spectrum of cervical, thoracic, and lumbar endoscopic approaches. The last section provides invaluable pearls on overcoming challenges, avoiding pitfalls, and optimizing postoperative care.
• Transforaminal endoscopic lumbar and thoracic discectomy approaches
• Trans-SAP endoscopic approach for foraminal and lateral recess decompression
• Interlaminar endoscopic lumbar discectomy
• Cervical/thoracic and lumbar unilateral laminotomy for bilateral decompression
• Special topics including endoscopic management of challenging cases, endoscopic revision surgery, and management of complications.
Neurosurgery residents, fellows, young practicing neurosurgeons, and all healthcare practitioners involved in the care of endoscopic spine surgery patients will gain invaluable insights from this book.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.