1. Non-neoplastic lesions and benign tumors of the vulva 1
2. Malignant tumors of the vulva 29
3. The vagina 53
4. Tumor-like lesions and benign tumors of the uterine cervix 73
5. Invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix and its precursors 100
6. Adenocarcinomas of the cervix, related tumors, and their precursors 120
7. Non-neoplastic lesions of the uterine corpus 148
8. Endometrial hyperplasia and carcinoma 176
9. Mesenchymal and mixed epithelial-mesenchymal tumors of the uterine corpus and cervix 218
10. Trophoblastic lesions, miscellaneous primary uterine neoplasms, hematopoietic neoplasms, and metastatic neoplasms to the uterus 271
11. The fallopian tube and broad ligament 298
12. Tumor-like lesions of the ovary 323
13. Surface epithelial-stromal tumors: general features, serous tumors, and mucinous tumors 343
14. Surface epithelial-stromal tumors: endometrioid, clear cell, transitional, squamous, rare, undifferentiated, and mixed cell types 380
15. Germ cell tumors of the ovary 408
16. Sex cord-stromal and steroid cell tumors of the ovary 439
17. Miscellaneous primary ovarian tumors 470
18. Metastatic tumors of the ovary (including pseudomyxoma peritonei, hematolymphoid neoplasms, and tumors with functioning stroma) 482
19. Endometriosis and lesions of the secondary müllerian system 513
20. Tumor-like lesions and tumors of the peritoneum (excluding müllerian lesions) 537
Comprehensive in scope and easy to use, Atlas of Gynecologic Surgical Pathology, 4th Edition, provides the current, authoritative information you need to effectively sign out cases in female genital pathology. In this 4th Edition, internationally renowned authors Drs. Philip B. Clement and Robert H. Young are joined by new co-author Dr. Jennifer Stall to continue this bestselling atlas’s tradition of excellence. Hundreds of superb pathologic images, diagnostic pearls, and fully updated content make this practical, bench-side resource ideal for minimizing risks in reporting both routine and difficult cases.
• Philip B. Clement, MD, Consultant Pathologist, Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital; Emeritus Professor of Pathology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
• Jennifer Stall, MD, Jennifer N. Stall, MD, Pathologist.
• Robert H. Young, MD, FRCPath, Pathologist, James Homer Wright Pathology Laboratories, Massachusetts General Hospital; Robert E. Scully Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA