An essential reference for coursework, exam preparation, clinical rotations, and day-to-day clinical practice, Atlas of Osteopathic Techniques delivers step-by-step, full-color guidance on manipulative methods commonly taught and used in osteopathic medical education and practice. This highly visual one-of-a-kind reference features more than 1,000 vibrant photos and illustrations and 250 accompanying videos depict specific manipulations, examinations, techniques, and anatomical demonstrations.
Easy to navigate and rich with engaging learning features, the 4th edition of this bestselling, one-of-a-kind resource reflects the most up-to-date information on basic anatomical concepts and techniques to help users confidently comprehend and apply them.
• Updated content equips students with the latest techniques and approaches for effective practice as identified by the Education Council on Osteopathic Principles (ECOP).
• New chapter, Clinical Integration of Osteopathic Manipulative Techniques, includes clinical guidelines on decision making and implementing specific diagnostic and osteopathic manipulative techniques (OMT) based on over 20 common clinical presentation.
• New techniques have been added to the chapters covering counterstrain techniques and techniques of Still.
• Newly created gross anatomy photos with overlays are oriented to provide greater clarity and realism.
• More than 1,000 high-quality, full-color images highlight essential concepts and techniques in vibrant detail.
• Corresponding videos demonstrate more than 250 osteopathic diagnostic and manipulative techniques, as well as highlighting important anatomic landmarks.
• Modular atlas format guides students step-by-step through more than 450 of the most commonly used manipulative methods.