NISTAL, M.; GONZÁLEZ-PERAMATO, P.
1. Germ Cell Tumors Derived from Germ Cell Neoplasia In Situ
2. Germ Cell Tumors Unrelated to Germ Cell Neoplasia In Situ
3. Sex Cord-Stromal Tumors
4. Tumors Containing Both Germ Cell and Sex Cord-Stromal Elements
5. Miscellaneous Tumors of the Testis
6. Hematolymphoid Tumors
7. Tumors of the Collecting Duct and Rete Testis
8. Tumors of Paratesticular Structures
9. Mesenchymal Tumors of the Spermatic Cord and Testicular Adnexa
10. Metastatic Tumors
This book, conceived as an atlas with emphasis in diagnostic images, presents some tumors displaying expected clinical, histological or biological behavior but in most of them that differs from that usual morphology or clinical behaviour. About 132 tumors of the testicles and paratesticular structures have been selected, representing all the testicular and paratesticular tumor groups, including germinal, gonadal stromal, non-gonadal stromal, rete testis tumors, ovarian-type epithelial tumors, and epididymis, spermatic cord and testicular covers as well as metastatic tumors.
The format with large number of images allows pathologists to identify the entities included at a glance. Each section corresponds to one case including a brief clinical history, a concise histological description with immunohistochemical techniques necessary to confirm the diagnosis. In addition, each section provides several sample images, with histological details of the appropriate morphological or characteristic immunoexpression of diagnostic markers and in the majority of cases gross or radiologic figures. Finally, each section ends with a comment on the problems of differential diagnosis that could arise. The book is intended for pathologists, urologists and oncologists.
• Describes peculiar testicular tumors with non-typical morphology
• Presents richly illustrated cases that allow easy and quick diagnosis
• Includes all groups of testicular and paratesticular tumors
• Manuel Nistal is now Emeritus Professor of School of Medicine in Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. He has been the director of 52 Doctoral Thesis. He has been Head of Pathology Department for more than 20 years in Pathology Department in University Hospital La Paz, Madrid. He is author of more than 225 papers about testicular pathology. He is Editor of 4 book of testicular pathology and author of 12 chapters of international book about testicular.
• Pilar González-Peramato is now Associate Professor of Pathology of School of Medicine in Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and Head of Uropathology Section Pathology in Pathology Department in University Hospital La Paz, Madrid. Co-Editor of 2 books of testicular pathology, 9 chapters in international textbooks, 82 papers in international journals.