• Neck Exploration
• Operative Exposures for Chest Trauma: The Median Sternotomy and Left Anterolateral Thoracotomy
• Cardiac Penetrating Trauma
• Open Repair of Traumatic Thoracic Aortic Injury without Shunt, and Using a Woven Dacron Graft
• Surgical Stabilization of Rib Fractures: Indications and Technique
• Abdominal Exposures and Bowel Anastomosis for Trauma
• Liver and Spleen
• Vena Cava Injury
• Genitourinary Operations in Trauma
• Vascular Exposures in the Upper Extremities
• Vascular Exposures in the Lower Extremities
• Lower Extremity Fasciotomy: Indications and Technique
• Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta (REBOA) and Other Endovascular Techniques.
This atlas is the collaborative work of surgeons from Latin America and North America and describes techniques that can aid in the treatment of trauma patients. Trauma surgeons need to perform procedures efficiently and expeditiously for patients that are crashing. The surgeries and exposures are narrated by experts in the field, and include pitfalls and complications, as well as ways to avoid and treat them. Detailed illustrations add clarity to each procedure and help surgeons improve their technique when treating trauma patients.
Atlas of Trauma provides a visual aid to the trauma surgeon and acts as a great asset for the training of these specialists.
• Richly illustrated to add clarity to each procedure
• Includes pitfalls and complications and how to avoid and treat them
• Written by experts in the field