About the Author
Introduction: Diversity: Need for This Atlas
2. Disorders of Pigmentation
3. Vulvar Infections
4. Sexually Transmitted Infections
5. Vulvovaginal Discharges
6. Inflammatory Disorders of the Vulva
7. Pre-Malignant Vulvar Dermatoses
8. Malignant Dermatoses
9. Vulvar Manifestations of Systemic Diseases
10. Vulvar Ulcers
11. Drug Eruptions
12. Cysts and Non-Neoplastic Swellings
13. Disorders of Blood Vessels and Lymphatics
14. Disorders of Vulvar Skin Appendageal Tumors
15. Immunobullous Dermatoses
16. Pediatric Vulvar Disease
17. Menopause and Vulvovaginal Disease
18. Vulvar Injuries Including Sexual Abuse
20. Frequently Asked Questions by Patients on Common Vulvar Conditions
There is a significant increase in cross-migration of women from various ethnicities, cultures, and with varying skin color. With publications focused mainly on Fitz Skin types 1–4, accurate vulvar disease diagnosis in darker skin types may be compromised, resulting in suboptimal therapeutic outcomes. Diseases look quite different as the color disguises much of the erythema, which is prominently seen in the Caucasian population. This book is focused on female genital dermatoses and fills in those gaps for healthcare workers looking to accurately diagnose and manage such patients.
• Provides inclusive and consolidated contents on disorders of female genital skin and mucosa.
• Features more than 300 high-quality illustrations and impressive treatment algorithms, making it a ready reckoner for dermatologists, gynecologists, and general physicians.
• Facilitates diagnosis and further management of vulvar disease in the darker skin types, thus optimizing patient care.
• Features collective contributions from experts across the country.
• Simplifies the patient consult by providing ready answers to frequently asked questions.