2. Tissue Optics and Other Optical Image Technology
3. History and Physics of Narrow Band Imaging
4. Tips and Tricks for Narrow Band Imaging Examinations
5. Angiogenesis in Tumor Development and Interpretation of Narrow Band Imaging
6. Benign Vocal Cord Lesions (Nodules, Polyps, Cysts, and Sulci)
7. Inflammatory Laryngeal Pathology (Laryngopharyngeal Reflux, Tuberculosis, Fungal Laryngitis)
8. Respiratory Papillomatosis
9. Narrow Band Imaging in Oral and Oropharyngeal Lesions
10. Narrow Band Imaging in Laryngeal and Laryngopharyngeal Malignancies
This book covers all aspects of narrow band imaging (NBI), including research, general principles and diagnostic features in various ENT pathologies. In addition to highlighting the advantages of NBI over white light endoscopy for the detection of early cancers and lesions that are less than 1 cm in diameter, the book offers a step-by-step approach to help readers easily grasp various pathologies of the upper aerodigestive tract. It discusses both malignant and non-malignant aspects of NBI and provides extensive information on inflammatory lesions of the upper aerodigestive tract, including various clinical features of laryngopharyngeal reflux. Subsequent chapters cover the most difficult aspects of NBI in treated mucosa (post-chemo radiated), in which the potential recurrence of disease is a key question. It also addresses the limitations of NBI, including false positive and false negative cases.
Given its scope, the book will benefit otolaryngologists, oncosurgeons, radiation oncologists and oral medicine practitioners, as well as graduate students of ENT, radiotherapy, oral medicine and oncosurgery.
• Offers essential information on narrow band imaging
• Covers both normal and diseased mucosa
• Includes a chapter on benign laryngeal disease, covering rare inflammatory pathologies that, in contrast, appear to be malignant when white light endoscopy is used
• Includes a chapter on certain grey areas in narrow band imaging examination
• Provides information on future technologies, including high-end imaging with 4K images