• SECTION ONE Preoperative Assessment and Management
1 Assessment of Cardiac Risk
2 Cardiovascular Imaging
3 Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
4 Cardiac Electrophysiology: Diagnosis and Treatment
5 Cardiovascular Implantable Electrical Devices
• SECTION TWO Cardiovascular Physiology and Pharmacology
6 Cardiac Physiology
7 Coronary Physiology and Atherosclerosis
8 Molecular and Genetic Cardiovascular Medicine
9 Systemic Inflammation
10 Pharmacology of Anesthetic Drugs
11 Cardiovascular Pharmacology
• SECTION THREE Monitoring
12 Electrocardiographic Monitoring
13 Cardiovascular Monitoring
14 Central Nervous System Monitoring
15 Coagulation Monitoring
• SECTION FOUR Anesthesia for Cardiac Surgical Procedures
16 Anesthesia for Myocardial Revascularization
17 Valvular Heart Disease
18 Congenital Heart Disease in Adults
19 Thoracic Aorta
20 Uncommon Cardiac Diseases
21 Anesthesia for Heart and Lung Transplantation
22 Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy for Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension
23 Procedures in the Hybrid Operating Room
24 Mechanical Assist Devices for Heart Failure
25 Reoperative Cardiac Surgery
26 Patient Safety in the Cardiac Operating Room
• SECTION FIVE Extracorporeal Circulation
27 Cardiopulmonary Bypass
28 Extracorporeal Devices and Related Technologies
29 Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
30 Blood and Fluid Management During Cardiac Surgery
31 Transfusion Medicine and Coagulation Disorders
32 Discontinuing Cardiopulmonary Bypass
• SECTION SIX Postoperative Care
33 Fast-Track Postoperative Cardiac Recovery and Outcomes
34 Postoperative Cardiovascular Management
35 Postoperative Respiratory Care
36 Central Nervous System Dysfunction After Cardiopulmonary Bypass
37 Long-Term Complications and Management
38 Postoperative Pain Management for the Cardiac Patient
Turn to the trusted team of Drs. Joel A. Kaplan and John G.T. Augoustides for focused, comprehensive guidance on topics relevant to certification examinations for adult cardiac anesthesiology practitioners. Written by current leaders in the field, Augoustides and Kaplan's Cardiac Anesthesia Review summarizes critical, must-know cardiac anesthesia knowledge in a concise, quick-review format—making this an indispensable review tool for cardiac anesthesiologists and fellows, as well as advanced residents seeking a cardiac fellowship.
• Presents high-yield, bulleted outline summaries of key content to study along with multiple choice questions, answers, and rationales to solidify your understanding.
• Covers key topics such as preoperative assessment and management, including cardiovascular imaging; cardiovascular physiology and pharmacology; cardiovascular, neurologic, and coagulation monitoring; anesthetic considerations for specific cardiac procedures and conditions; cardiopulmonary bypass and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation; coagulation and transfusion; and postoperative management.
• Corresponds chapter by chapter to relevant content published in Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia to help you make the most of your study time and learn more efficiently.
• Features high-quality illustrations, clinical photographs, charts, and graphs throughout to provide a visual aid to reinforce key information.
• Contains page number references to Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia and the Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia (JCVA) in each rationale for further study.
• An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.