1.Pathology Laboratory Management
2.Chemical Safety in the Laboratory
4.Fixation of Tissues
5.The Gross Room
9.Theory of Histological Staining
10.The Hematoxylins and Eosin
11.Automation in the Histology Department
12.Connective and other Mesenchymal tissues with their stains
14.Pigments and minerals
16.Traditional stains and modern techniques for demonstrating Micro-organisms in Histology
18 Neuropathology and Muscle Biopsy Techniques
19 Immunohistochemical and Immunofluorescent Techniques
20 Molecular Pathology
21 Transmission Electron Microscopy
22 Digital Pathology
Appendix I Traditional Methods
Appendix II Tissue Microarray
Appendix III Applications of Immunohistochemistry
Appendix IV Measurement Units
Appendix V Preparation of Solutions
Appendix VI Buffer Solutions
Appendix VII Solubility of Some Common Reagents and Dyes
Appendix VIII Mounting Media and Slide Coatings
For 40 years, Bancroft’s Theory and Practice of Histological Techniques has established itself as the standard reference for histotechnologists and laboratory scientists, as well as histopathologists. With coverage of the full range of histological techniques used in medical laboratories and pathology departments, it provides a strong foundation in all aspects of histological technology - from basic methods of section preparation and staining, to advanced diagnostic techniques such as immunocytochemistry and molecular testing. This revised and updated 8th Edition by Kim S. Suvarna, Christopher Layton, and John D. Bancroft is a one-stop reference for all those involved with histological preparations and applications, from student to highly advanced laboratory professional.
• Presents a thorough, up-to-date, and detailed approach to the theory and protocols for preparing cells and tissues for laboratory evaluation, covering topics ranging from basic to advanced
New To This Edition:
• Features new content on automation (computer logging and tracking, sub-sampling and archiving of samples), digital scanning techniques for slides used in remote/telepathology, and specialist molecular techniques.
• Provides superb visual guidance through the use of vivid color illustrations, including additional illustrations of diagnostic modalities and techniques.
• Contains more summary tables, charts, and boxes throughout for quick reference.
• Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
• Kim S Suvarna, MBBS, BSc, FRCP, FRCPath, Department of Pathology, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield.
• Christopher Layton, PhD, Specialist Section Lead in Specimen Dissection, Histopathology Department, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK.
• John D. Bancroft, Formerly Pathology Directorate and Business Manager, Queen's Medical Center, Nottingham, UK