• Part I The Normal Nail and Nail Signs 1
1 Science of the Nail Apparatus 1
2 Physical Signs 59
• Part II Imaging of the Nail Unit 105
3 Nail Photography 105
4 Dermoscopy 113
5 Ultrasound and Other Imaging Methods 140
6 Magnetic Resonance Imaging 175
7 Nail Fold Capillary Microscopy or Capillaroscopy 201
8 Confocal Microscopy 204
• Part III Nail Disorders Occurring Principally in Childhood 213
9 Hereditary and Congenital Nail Disorders 213
10 Nail Disorders in Childhood 297
• Part IV Nail Disorders in the Elderly 337
11 The Aging Nail and Related Disorders 337
• Part V Nail Infections 349
12 Fungal (Onychomycosis) and Other Infections Involving the Nail Apparatus 349
13 Bacterial, Viral, and Other Infections 390
• Part VI The Nail in Dermatological Conditions 409
14 Dermatological Disorders 409
• Part VII The Nail in Systemic Conditions 481
15 The Nail in Systemic Disease 481
16 Drug-induced Nail Disorders 574
17 Anticancer Therapies 604
• Part VIII The Nail in Occupational, Podiatric, and Cosmetic Conditions 617
18 Occupational Abnormalities and Contact Dermatitis 617
19 Cosmetics: the Care and Adornment of the Nail 646
20 Trauma from Footwear and Pedal Deformities 662
• Part IX Nail Tumors and Surgery 675
21 Tumors of the Nail Apparatus and Adjacent Tissues 675
22 Nail Surgery 825
The definitive guide to the science, diagnosis and treatment of all known nail diseases
The fifth edition of Baran & Dawber's Diseases of the Nails and their Management continues to offer an encyclopedic account of the human nail that is unparalleled in its detail and scope. With contributions from some of the world?s leading dermatologists, the book's exhaustive coverage encompasses the cosmetic and therapeutic management of every form of nail disease. High-quality images and diagrams illustrate and enhance this essential reference guide, while easy-to-navigate sub-chapters help you to find the information you need quickly and accurately.
• Is edited by Professor Robert Baran, the world's leading expert on the human nail, together with a team of world-renowned experts from across Europe and North America
• Provides clinical information on all nail diseases
• Aids differential diagnosis by color, shape, and location
• Contains over 1,500 images
• Includes access to a companion website featuring downloadable images and videos of nail procedures
Whether they are new to the field or have been practicing for years, dermatologists, podiatrists, and all of those managing patients with nail diseases should have a copy of Baran & Dawber's Diseases of the Nails and their Management at their disposal.
• Robert Baran, MD, PhD, is Head of the Nail Disease Centre, Cannes, France, and Former Consultant- Dermatologist at the Gustave Roussy Cancer Institute, Villejuif, Paris, France. He is also an Honorary Professor of the University of Franche-Comté, Besançon, France.
• David de Berker, BA, MBBS, MRCP, PhD, is a Consultant Dermatologist at Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, UK.
• Mark Holzberg, MD, PhD, is Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine and Founder, Newnan Dermatology, Newnan, Georgia, USA.
• Bianca Maria Piraccini, MD, PhD, is Associate Professor in Dermatology, Department of Experimental, Diagnostic and Specialty Medicine, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy.
• Bertrand Richert, MD, PhD, is Professor of Dermatology at Brugmann, St Pierre and HUDERF University Hospitals, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium.
• Luc Thomas, MD, PhD, is Professor of Dermatology and Chairman at Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Lyon 1 University and Lyon Cancer Research Center, Lyon, France.