Meticulously reviewed and updated for today's medical students, Basic Immunology, 7th Edition, is a concise text expertly written by the same distinguished author team as the best-selling, comprehensive text, Cellular and Molecular Immunology. This focused, easy-to-understand volume has been fully revised to include recent important advances in our understanding and knowledge of the immune system. A student favorite through six outstanding editions, this new edition uses full-color illustrations and clinical images, useful tables, and practical features such as Summary Point boxes, end-of-chapter review questions, glossary terms, and clinical cases—all designed to help you master this complex topic in the most efficient, effective manner possible.
• Emphasizes clinical aspects of immunology, including disease pathogenesis, the development of novel therapies based on basic science, and an appendix of clinical cases for real-world application.
• Contains new and expanded content on pandemics, COVID-19, and herd immunity; resistance and susceptibility to COVID-19; RNA vaccines and hybrid viral vaccines; tumor immunotherapy; innate immune responses to viruses; mechanisms of immunologic tolerance; and immunotherapy for autoimmune, allergic, and other inflammatory diseases, and cancer.
• Provides unrivalled instruction from an expert author team, all of whom are experienced teachers, course directors, and lecturers.
• Features a highly readable writing style and practical organization, now with fully revised content and updated images to cover new information and improve reader understanding of complex concepts.
• Provides additional online features such as answers to in-book chapter review questions and self-assessment questions.
• Presents information in a format and style that maximizes usefulness to students and teachers of medicine, allied health fields, and biology.
• Contains numerous features designed to help students understand key immunologic concepts: high-quality illustrations, practical tables, chapter outlines, bolded key points, and focus questions in every chapter for self-assessment and review.
• An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all the text and figures, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
• Abul Abbas, MBBS, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California.
• Andrew Lichtman, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA.
• Shiv Pillai, MBBS, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA, USA