The ideal introductory text for a rigorous approach to biomechanics, Biomechanical Basis of Movement, Fifth Edition helps build a precise, comprehensive grasp of the full continuum of human movement potential.
Focusing on the quantitative nature of biomechanics, this exacting but approachable text applies laws of motion and mechanics to in-depth analysis of specific movements, integrating current literature, meaningful numerical examples, relevant applications, hands-on exercises and functional anatomy, physics, calculus and physiology. Content is organized into sections that build upon each other to offer a structured introduction to biomechanics as it relates to exercise science. The extensively updated Fifth Edition emphasizes clinical relevance with integrated examples and questions and offers an expansive suite of digital resources, including new artwork, animations, and multiple eBook options to make a mastery of biomechanics more accessible than ever.
• UPDATED! Content reflects the latest perspectives on functional anatomy and highlights the clinical relevance of biomechanics for successful Allied Health practice.
• UPDATED! Extensively revised illustrations clarify anatomical structures and movements in full color.
• NEW! Animations available within the VitalSource® eBook and on thePoint reinforce functional anatomy and mechanical motion concepts with vibrant detail.
• NEW! Problem calculators built into the VitalSource® eBook, provide essential practice using different formulas to answer questions.
• Chapter objectives, outlines, and summaries focus your attention on essential concepts and reinforce key takeaways.
• Review questions at the end of each chapter test your comprehension and challenge you to apply concepts in a clinical context.
Don’t miss out on all of the digital resources!
Purchase of this title in print format includes the VitalSource® eBook, providing access to additional digital resources. Also available for purchase in two additional VitalSource® eBook versions providing maximum flexibility to fit your course:
• Biomechanical Basis of Human Movement: Functional Anatomy, consisting of Section I: Foundations of Human Movement and Section II: Functional Anatomy
• Biomechanical Basis of Human Movement: Mechanical Analysis of Human Motion, consisting of key content from Section I: Foundations of Human Movement and the full Section III: Mechanical Analysis of Human Motion