Part of the highly regarded Biopsy Interpretation Series, this new volume by Drs. Laura M. Wake, Genevieve Crane, and Michael Borowitz presents a concise, pattern-based approach to bone marrow pathology. Biopsy Interpretation of the Bone Marrow provides superbly illustrated guidance from top experts in the field, covering all aspects of bone marrow aspirates and biopsies: procurement and processing, ancillary techniques, formulation of a final diagnosis, and reporting to the clinical team. Hundreds of full-color illustrations depict the full range of benign and neoplastic processes involving the bone marrow.
• Presents information in an easily accessible, consistent format with concise text, high-resolution color photomicrographs, and full-color diagrams and illustrations to clarify key concepts
• Uses algorithms and concept maps wherever possible to visually summarize complex relationships
• Focuses on practical, need-to-know information covering the fundamentals of bone marrow specimen procurement, efficient specimen triaging based on initial microscopic assessment, the effective utilization of ancillary studies (i.e., histochemical, immunophenotypic, cytogenetic, and molecular assays), the formulation of a final diagnosis, and generation of a value-added report
• Contains practical information on aspects of bone marrow biopsies not covered in other hematopathology texts
• Features an online 50-question test bank for self-assessment and review
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.