Your practical aid to confident diagnosis! Biopsy Interpretation of the Breast, 3rd Edition helps you correctly identify the full range of pathologic alterations encountered in breast tissue. The intuitive organization approaches diagnosis the way you do, grouping lesions according to their histologic patterns and then pointing out the characteristics that distinguish one type of lesion from another. The authors emphasize the role of adjunctive studies in solving diagnostic problems wherever appropriate, explain the clinical significance of the various diagnoses and their impact on patient management, highlighting key clinical and management points throughout – giving you the broad context you need to generate the most accurate pathology reports for every patient.
• Comprehensive updates reflect the most recent World Health Organization nomenclature and diagnostic criteria, the role of adjunctive studies (including the uses and limitations of newer immunohistochemical markers), evaluation of specimens from patients treated with neoadjuvant systemic therapy, new guidelines for lumpectomy margin evaluation, advances in molecular pathology and genetics, and other crucial developments in the field.
• Navigate controversies with discussions of unresolved issues in diagnostic interpretation, and apply pragmatic, experience-based recommendations in areas where evidence-based criteria are lacking.
• Make better informed decisions about core needle biopsy interpretation through expanded coverage of the role and pitfalls of this technique.
• Compare your cases to hundreds of carefully prepared, high-quality photomicrographs, many new to this edition.
• Access key diagnostic features and differential diagnostic considerations at a glance with dozens of helpful tables, and find the answers you need quickly thanks to a concise, bulleted format.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
• The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
• Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
• Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
• The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
• Stuart J. Schnitt MD. Director, Division of Anatomic Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
• Laura C. Collins MD. Associate Director, Division of Anatomic Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Assistant Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA