This book describes all methods of bone management currently employed within the field of dental implantology, with the aim of equipping oral surgeons and other practitioners with a sound practical understanding of bone augmentation. The different possibilities for augmentation of the jaw in the vertical and horizontal dimensions are explained, and detailed information provided on the latest techniques of augmentation, including guided bone regeneration, mandibular bone grafting, 3D technique, extraoral bone augmentation, and microvascular bone transplantation. Readers will find clear guidance on diagnosis and treatment planning and helpful discussion of the basic principles of bone augmentation. Individual chapters also address the role of lasers, complications and risks, and emerging trends. The extensive case documentation, with numerous color illustrations and photos, highlights what is possible today in the field of bone regeneration. This book is a “must read” for all implantologists, oral maxillofacial surgeons, periodontists, and dentists with an interest in oral surgery.
• Offers clear guidance on diagnosis and treatment planning
• Describes in detail the latest techniques of bone augmentation
• Includes extensive case documentation, with numerous color illustrations and photos
• Dr. Andi Setiawan Budihardja, is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Siloam Hospital Lippo Village, Indonesia and a lecturer in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Pelita Harapan. He is also Director of Budihardja Dental Specialist Center in Jakarta, Indonesia. Dr. Budihardja completed the postgraduate specialty program in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial - Plastic Surgery at Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany in 2007. He holds a Certificate in Dental Implantology from the German Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and in 2010 passed the Indonesian Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Board examination (top grade). In 2013 he also completed advanced training in orthognathic surgery under the supervision of Dr. Dr. Wolfgang Kater in Bad Homburg, Germany. In addition to his daily work, Dr. Budihardja is a Smile Train Partner, providing free operations for more than 100 cleft lip and palate patients in Indonesia each year. He is the author of a previous Indonesian language book on oral and maxillofacial trauma (EGC, 2011).
• Dr. Dr. Thomas Mücke, Phd, is Head of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery in Malteser Clinic, Krefeld-Uerdingen and Duisburg Homberg, North Rhine-Westfalia, Germany. Prior to taking up this position in January 2017, he was Consultant for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universität (TU) München. He has also worked (July 2012 to September 2013) as a Child and Adult Workforce Consultant in the Oral and Facial Specialties Department, Pinderfields General Hospital, Wakefield, United Kingdom. Dr. Mücke completed his medical studies in 2006 and has regularly taught surgical skills to students at TU München since 2007. He completed his dental studies in 2011, his doctoral thesis in dentistry in 2012, and his Habilitation in 2013. He is lead or co-author of 175 publications. His main work cover all aspects of tumor surgery in oral and maxillofacial area included defect reconstruction and microvascular flap transfer.