1. Introduction to the Basics of Brain CT Scan
2. Head Injury
3. Brain Haemorrhage and Infarction: Stroke
5. Tumours and Infections ( SOL)
6. Advanced Uses of Brain CT Scan
This updated second edition provides a concise and up-to-date guide to emergency brain CT scans. Revised illustrations and images are included to assist readers in understanding key concepts in a clear way. The use of brain CT scans by health care professionals is increasingly common and has been effective in the minimising of costs and the unnecessary transfer of traumatic brain injury patients.
The book aims to give nurses, emergency room physicians, primary care physicians, and doctors the information and tools needed to examine CT scans and explain them to their patients. With this knowledge emergency physicians and trauma surgeons will be able to decide whether an injury is life threatening.
• Utilises author's professional experience
• Contains quizzes to aid self-assessment
• Compact and easy to carry