1. Genetics and Genomics
2. Measuring Hormones
3. The Endocrinology of Fetal Development
4. Disorders of Sex Development
5. Disorders of The Hypothalamo-Pituitary Axis
6. Disorders of Growth
7. Puberty and Its Disorders
8. The Thyroid Gland
9. The Adrenal Cortex and Its Disorders
10. The Parathyroid and Disorders Of Calcium And Bone Metabolism
11. Polyglandular Autoimmune Syndromes
12. Endocrine Neoplasia
13. Endocrine Late-Effects of Cancer Treatments
14. Disorders of Water Balance
15. Diabetes Mellitus
18. Genetic Obesity Syndromes
19. Endocrine Care During Adolescence Into Young Adulthood
The seventh edition of Brook's Clinical Pediatric Endocrinology has been compiled by an experienced editorial team and internationally renowned contributors; it presents basic science and clinical management of endocrine disorders for all involved in the care of children and adolescents. It provides treatments for a variety of hormonal diseases, including diabetes and hypoglycaemia, growth problems, thyroid disease and disorders of puberty, sexual differentiation, calcium metabolism, steroid metabolism and hypopituitarism.
• Charles Brook, MD, FRCP, was the first Professor of Pediatric Endocrinology in the UK and the founder of the London Centre for Pediatric Endocrinology at Great Ormond Street Hospital and University College London Hospitals. He was the recipient of the Andrea Prader Prize in 2000, the most prestigious award for outstanding leadership and research in the gift of the European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology.
• Mehul Dattani, MD, FRCP, is Professor of Pediatric Endocrinology at the UCL GOS Institute of Child Health and Head of Pediatric Endocrinology at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, University College London Hospitals, and Institute of Child Health. He is currently the Chair of the Programme Organising Committee of the European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology.