• Initial Assessment, Resus, Wound, early care
• Wound healing and Wound care
• Infection in Burns
• Acute Burn Surgery
• Critical Care
• Metabolism and Nutrition
• Nursing Management
• Rehabilitaiton and Therapy
• Mental Health
• Pain and Agitation Management
• Electrical Injury, Chemical Burns, and Cold Injury "Frostbite"
• Long-term sequelae of burn injury
• Burn Reconstruction Techniques
• Long-term outcomes, QoL.
The second edition of this practical guide offers a comprehensive summary of the most important and most immediate therapeutic approaches in the assessment and treatment of burn injuries. Taking into account age-specific needs in pediatric, adult, and elderly burn patients, several chapters on key issues – such as pre-hospital treatment, wound care and infection control, burn nursing, critical care, burn reconstructive surgery and rehabilitation for burn victims – have now been updated. In addition, the book has been supplemented with the latest information on fluid resuscitation, organ support for burn patients, necrotizing soft tissue infections, and TEN/SJS. Written in a concise manner, the updated edition of this book provides essential guidelines for optimal care to improve patient outcomes, and thus will be a valuable reference resource for physicians, surgeons, residents, nurses, and other burn care providers.
• Presents a comprehensive overview of current therapeutic measures in burn management
• Establishes practical guidelines to improve care and patient outcomes
• Offers an easily accessible reference guide