7:Coronary artery bypass graft angiography
8:Percutaneous coronary intervention
Cardiac catheterization and coronary angiography are both key components to routine cardiology practice. This new edition of Cardiac Catheterization and Coronary Intervention has been fully updated since the first edition, with new sections on primary percutaneous coronary intervention, trends in vascular access, bioabsorbable stents, optical coherence tomography, and more. Filled with over 150 clinical images and schematic illustrations, the handbook is an accessible 'how-to' guide, designed to de-mystify complex cardiac catheterization investigations. Expanded to reflect developments in practice, this new edition also introduces a new chapter on the multidisciplinary team and their roles and responsibilities from pre- to post-procedural care and relevant training requirements.
Containing detailed instructions on how to perform a comprehensive left and right heart catheterization procedure, choosing the correct catheter for coronary and graft angiography, and how to perform a diagnostic coronary angiogram and interpret the subsequent findings, Cardiac Catheterization and Coronary Intervention acts as a concise and invaluable guide for the cardiology trainee.
• Provides detailed instructions on how to perform a comprehensive left and right heart catheterization procedure
• Filled with practical advice, including choosing the correct catheter for both coronary and graft angiography
• Extensively illustrated, with over 150 clinical images and schematic illustrations to aid interpretation and understanding
New to this Edition:
• Fully revised to reflect the developments in practice, procedure, and international guidelines
• Features brand new sections on primary percutaneous coronary intervention, trends in vascular access, bioabsorbable stents, and optical coherence tomography
• Introduces a new chapter on the multidisciplinary catheter lab team
• Andrew Mitchell, Consultant Cardiologist, Jersey General Hospital, St Helier, Jersey.
• Giovanni Luigi De Maria, Consultant Interventional Cardiologist, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.
• Adrian Banning, Consultant Cardiologist, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford