Praised for its concise coverage, this highly accessible monograph lays a foundation for understanding the underlying concepts of normal cardiovascular function and offers a welcome alternative to a more mechanistically oriented approach or an encyclopedic physiology text. Clear explanations, ample illustrations and engaging clinical cases and problems provide the perfect guidance for self-directed learning and prepare you to excel in clinical practice.
• Chapter Learning Objectives highlight key concepts at a glance.
• Problems and Clinical Cases with Answers to Problems reinforce fundamental physiological concepts.
• Summary of Important Concepts boxes provide bulleted quick-review of essential chapter content.
• Multiple-choice Review Questions and Answers to Review Questions (with full explanations for each answer choice) enable self-assessment and alert you to areas requiring further study.
• A chapter on Cardiovascular Integration, Adaptation, and Pathophysiology integrates cardiovascular concepts in the context of normal and clinically relevant conditions.
• eBook available. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.