The most recent update to one of the most essential references on medical genetics
Cassidy and Allanson's Management of Genetic Syndromes, 4th Edition is the latest version of a classic text in medical genetics. With newly covered disorders and cutting-edge, up-to-date information, this resource remains the most crucial reference on the management of genetic syndromes for students, clinicians, and researchers in the field of medical genetics. The 4th edition includes current information on the identification of genetic syndromes (including newly developed diagnostic criteria), the genetic basis (including diagnostic testing), and the routine care and management for more than 60 genetic disorders.
Each, "expert authored", chapter includes sections on:
• Diagnostic criteria
• Etiology, pathogenesis and genetics
• Diagnostic testing
• Differential diagnosis
• Manifestations and Management (by system)
The book focuses on genetic syndromes, primarily those involving developmental disabilities and congenital defects. The chapter sections dealing with Manifestations and Management represents the centerpiece of each entry and is unmatched by other genetic syndrome references.
Management of Genetic Syndromes is perfect for medical geneticists, genetic counselors, primary care physicians and all health care professionals seeking to stay current on the routine care and management of individuals with genetic disorders.
• JOHN C. CAREY, Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Medical Genetics, University of Utah.
• AGATINO BATTAGLIA, Head of Research in Neuropsychiatric Genetics, IRCCS Stella Maris Foundation, Pisa, Italy.
• DAVID VISKOCHIL, Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Medical Genetics, University of Utah.
• SUZANNE B. CASSIDY, Clinical Professor of Pediatrics Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco.