• What do cataract patients want?
• Timing of cataract surgery
• Risk stratification
• Choice of Anaesthesia
• Novel methods of delivery
• Refractive Aim and Choice of Intraocular lens
• Calculating the human eye – Basics on Biometry
• Teaching Phacoemulsification cataract surgery
• Surgical pearls for challenging cases
• Pseudophakic Cystoid Macular Oedema
• Prophylaxis and treatment of endophthalmitis
• Posterior Capsule Opacification
• Market forces, premium cataract surgery and managing the unhappy patient
• Sustainable cataract surgery.
This book provides ophthalmic professionals and trainees with practical guidance on how to perform cataract surgery efficiently. From patient satisfaction and risk stratification to safely performing cataract surgery, it addresses specific problems and offers clear solutions. The respective chapters address the health economy, surgical outcomes, staff satisfaction, surgical training, and research. Cataract surgeons seeking to further develop their clinical skills will find this book an indispensable resource in their day-to-day practice.
Written by respected laser and lens refractive surgeons, this book will provide professionals and trainees with valuable new approaches to cataract surgery and patient management.
• Provides a practical overview of cataract surgery
• Contains clinical pearls and surgical tips throughout
• Written by respected experts in the field