1. Radiation Dose and Imaging Protocols
2. The Scout Film
3. The Trachea and Bronchi
4. The Lung Parenchyma
5. Lung Nodules
6. The Mediastinum and Pleural
7. The Upper Abdomen
8. The Soft Tissues
9. The Osseous Structures
This book is a practical guide to chest CTs for non-radiologists. A succinct and focused book, Chest CT for Non-Radiologists is designed to give the reader just the level of information they need to know. Chapters begin with the basics of a chest CT, including when they are necessary and the basic procedures, so physicians and medical professionals can best counsel their patients. The book then moves into various parts of the chest and the common diseases and presentations that would be found in a chest CT (lung fibrosis, pulmonary nodules, etc.). It teaches the reader what to look for and how to provide the most accurate and effective diagnosis for their patients. There are also several de-identified CT scans that allow the reader to test his or her skills. This is an ideal resource for non-radiologist physicians -- including pulmonologists, internal medicine physicians, emergency medicine physicians, and critical care specialists, residents, and medical students -- to learn the basics of the chest CT and thereby provide optimal care for their patients.
• A practical and user-friendly guide on the essential information on chest CTs for non-radiologist physicians and medical professionals.
• Chapters first cover basic CT information (radiation dose and scout films) and move to different areas of the chest (trachea and bronchi, upper abdomen, etc.) with best practices for the CT for each area.
• Includes many images including de-identified CT scans for the reader to test his or her skills.
• Mary M. Salvatore MD, MBA is Assistant Professor Radiology at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. She has written articles and book chapters and lectured frequently on early and correct diagnosis of pulmonary diseases.
• Ronaldo Collo Go MD, FCCP is in the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at Crystal Run Health Care and is an intensivist at Mount Sinai Beth Israel. He had written a number of book chapters and is editor of Pulmonary Disease Examination and Board Review (McGraw Hill Education, 2016).
• Monica A. Pernia M., MD is a at New York Medical College, Metropolitan Hospital Program.