• Provides a comprehensive collection of the state-of-the-art on CHIKV biology in a go-to reference book
• Edited by leaders in the field who provide a single, up-to-date source of information
• Gives a better understanding of the transmission and spread of chikungunya virus, a clear, coherent description of the outcomes of infection (both acute and chronic), and its biology and risk factors
• Pulls relevant background information to justify projects of many professionals developing vaccines and mosquito vector control approaches
• Stephen Higgs, Associate Vice President for Research, Kansas State Univeristy; Research Director, Biosecurity Research Institute (BRI), Peine Professor of Biosecurity, Univeristy Distinguished Professor, Diagnostic Medicine & Pathobiology, Kansas USA ;
• Dana L. Vanlandingham, Assistant Professor, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS , USA.
• Ann Powers, Chief, Alphavirus Laboratory, Division of Vector Borne Disease, Arboviral Disease Branch, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, CO, USA