• Detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae Using Multiplex Strand Invasion-Based Amplification (mSIBA)
• Point of Care Chlamydia trachomatis Detection Using Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification and Hydroxynaphthol Blue
• Application of Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification Assay for the Detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae
• Simultaneous Detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae Using Real-Time Multiplex qPCR Assay
• Antimicrobial Resistance Screening in Chlamydia trachomatis by Optimized McCoy Cell Culture System and Direct qPCR-Based Monitoring of Chlamydial Growth
• Whole Genome Sequencing of Chlamydia trachomatis Directly from Human Samples
• Multi Locus Sequence Typing (MLST) of Chlamydiales
• Identification and Discrimination of Chlamydia trachomatis Ocular and Urogenital Strains and Major Phylogenetic Lineages by CtGEM Typing, a Double Locus Genotyping Method
• Dual RNA-Seq of Chlamydia and Host Cells
• Isolation and Propagation of Single Inclusion-Derived Chlamydia Using Laser Microdissection
• Genetic Manipulation of Chlamydia trachomatis: Chromosomal Deletions
• Mutagenesis of Chlamydia trachomatis Using TargeTron
• Forward and Reverse Genetic Analysis of Chlamydia
• A Co-Infection Model to Evaluate Chlamydia Inc Protein Interactions
• Rodent Infections for Chlamydia spp.
• Enumeration of Viable Chlamydia from Infected Animals Using Immunofluorescent Microscopy
• Proximity Labeling of the Chlamydia trachomatis Inclusion Membrane
• High-Throughput Screening for Novel Inhibitors of Intracellular Pathogens, including Chlamydia trachomatis.
This book explores cutting-edge methods to work with the notoriously difficult, but highly prevalent, obligate intracellular pathogen,Chlamydia trachomatis. These include techniques to identifyChlamydia trachomatisin patient samples, ranging from simple point-of-care tests to whole genome sequencing; methods for propagation of strains in both cell culture and animal models; techniques to manipulateChlamydia trachomatisin molecular genetic methodologies; a high-throughput screening method for testing new potential drugs against intracellular bacteria; a screen for antibiotic resistance; methods for labeling and enumeration; and descriptions of genotyping technologies, as well as dual RNA-Seq transcriptional profiling. Written for the highly successfulMethods in Molecular Biologyseries, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.Authoritative, practical, and relevant,Chlamydia trachomatis: Methods and Protocolsserves as an ideal reference for scientists searching for a better understanding of the pathogen, allowing for the development of improved treatment regimens and the discovery of new drugs.
• Includes cutting-edge techniques
• Provides step-by-step detail essential for reproducible results
• Contains key implementation advice from the experts