1. Introduction and History of Cholangioscopy
2. Indications for Cholangioscopy, Pre-procedural Patient Care and Preparation
3. Single Operator Cholangioscopy
4. Direct Cholangioscopy
This book presents the latest approaches to cholangioscopy and covers recent innovations in single-operator cholangioscopy platforms, which have evolved from fibre-optic technology to digital endoscopes and have significantly advanced the management of biliary disease.
The first part presents the development of cholangioscopy and hepatobiliary anatomy and then goes on to discuss the indications for this technique. With dedicated chapters on each stage of the technique, the book subsequently covers patient preparation and nursing issues, set-up, and different types of cholangioscopy.
This book offers a highly topical resource, and addresses the technical challenges related to the procedure, including the different systems available. Accompanied by an extensive library of videos and images, it represents a unique and novel resource for all advanced biliary endoscopists.
• Covers a niche and rapidly evolving field within hepatobiliary endoscopy
• Features an extensive library of videos and images
• Includes practical tips and sections on troubleshooting
• Discusses key nursing issues during cholangioscopy