Part 1: Chronic Wounds
• Impact of Host Defence Peptides on Chronic Wounds and Infections
• Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) in Wound Healing
• Biologic Tools for Genetic Engineering Chronic Wounds
• Challenges and Opportunities in Drug Delivery for Wound Healing
• Engineered Biomaterials for Chronic Wound Healing
• Chronic Wounds of the Upper Extremity and their Management
• Marjolin's Ulcer
• Radiation Wounds and their Management: Reconstructive Options
• Co-Opting Developmental Signaling Pathways to Promote Wound Healing
• Segmentation and Management of Chronic Wound Images: A Computer-Based Approach
• Extracellular Matrix and Other Factors that Impact on Cutaneous Scarring
Part 2: Wound Dressings
• Introduction to Wound Dressings
• Wound Dressings and Comparative Effectiveness Data
• Early Wound Dressing Removal
• Electrospun Antimicrobial Wound Dressings: Novel Strategies to Fight Against Wound Infections
• Cognition and Wound Healing
Part 3: Wound Healing
• Acute Wound Healing: Normal Mechanisms
• Stem Cell Therapies for Wound Healing
• The Role of miR-205 during Skin Wound Reepithelialization
• Porcine Acellular Lung Matrix in Wound Healing and Hernia Repair
• Wound Healing Problems in the Mouth
• Skin Substitutes in Wound Healing and the Stimulatory Effects of Adipose-Derived Stem Cells for the Proliferation of Keratinocytes on Chitosan
• Why isn’t this Wound Healing?
• Traditional and Non-Traditional Evaluation of Wound Healing Process
• Mechanoregulation of Wound Healing and Skin Homeostasis
• Impact of Amnion-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells on Wound Healing
• Kinin Receptors in Skin Wound Healing.
This book addresses wound care in vascular surgery, neurosurgery and lower extremity ulcers, while also providing detailed information on the latest concepts in antimicrobial therapy. The book presents essential content on the assessment, care, measurement and repair of wounds, and describes important scientific aspects as well as current clinical techniques. Due to the various topics covered, the book offers a valuable resource not only for plastic surgeons, but also for neurosurgeons, vascular surgeons and all clinicians who are interested in learning about current antimicrobial agents and their use.
• Integrates new concepts of wound management after vascular surgery and neurosurgery
• Presents the latest concepts in antimicrobial therapy
• Written by respected international experts
• Dr. Melvin A. Shiffman, MD, JD, FCLM, received his MD from Northwestern University School of Medicine in 1957 and completed his residency in general surgery in 1964 at the Veterans Administration Hospital, Long Beach, California. Since then he has been continuously involved in oncologic surgery, reconstruction, and cosmetic surgery. In 2002, Dr. Shiffman became Chair of the Section of Surgery at Tustin Hospital and Medical Center and in 2009-10 he served as President of the American College of Legal Medicine. He is Editor Emeritus of the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, a member of the Scientific Committee of the American Journal of Aesthetic Medicine, and an examiner for the International Board of Cosmetic Surgery. He is also a former Editor-in-Chief of both the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and the International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Shiffman is the recipient of many honors and is a fellow of various colleges and societies. He has published 300 articles, authored or edited 34 books, and written more than 140 book chapters.
• Dr. Mervin Low, MD received his MD from the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada. He completed his Plastic Surgery Residency at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada, and a Breast and Aesthetic Surgery fellowship at Georgetown University in Washington, DC, USA, and at the Plastic Surgery Center of the Pacific, Honolulu, HI, USA. Dr. Low has a busy practice devoted entirely to Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. He is a prolific author, educator and innovator. He has been recognized locally as one of the Best Doctors in California and nationally as one of the Top Plastic Surgeons in America.